As a mom of an 18-month-old and another one on the way, I don’t get a lot of time for my skin care routine. I try to make it a priority because momma needs as much help as possible to look energized and refreshed, but sometimes it’s hard to fit it in. So, at the end of a long day, it’s amazing to be able to apply a product to my face and drift off to sleep, letting it work its magic while I dream. And of course it’s gotta be nontoxic! I don’t want toxins and harmful chemicals soaking into my body while I’m trying to get beauty rest, ya know? If you’re unfamiliar with all the toxic junk lurking in beauty products, read this.
Disclaimer: This post includes affiliate links, and I will earn a commission if you purchase through these links. Please note that I’ve linked to these products purely because I recommend them and they are from companies I trust. There is no additional cost to you.
Here are my favorite nontoxic overnight skin treatments:
Overnight treatments to help zap zits? Yes, please. Here are my two favorites:
- Cocokind Turmeric Stick Spot Treatment
- This stick combines five certified organic ingredients to fight blemishes and brighten skin. Turmeric, ginger, and tea tree oil help fight acne-causing bacteria and balance skin tone, while sunflower oil soothes and calms the skin. Simply apply a bit to the breakout and go to sleep. It won’t stain your skin, but it can possibly stain your pillowcase.
- Beautycounter Balancing Charcoal Mask
- This mask is intended for use all over the face, but I’ve found it to be a great overnight spot treatment as well. Kaolin clay deep-cleans and balances, absorbing excess oil and drawing out impurities. Activated charcoal minimizes the appearance of pores, giving skin a smooth, refined appearance, while salicylic acid stimulates exfoliation. I often layer the turmeric stick underneath the charcoal mask for some hardcore pore-purging.
For Anti-Aging & Hydration
I have normal/dry skin that loves some extra hydration. These overnight treatments help to add moisture back into the skin and fight dullness and signs of aging:
- Beautycounter Overnight Resurfacing Peel
- This leave-on AHA/BHA peel improves skin texture and minimizes the appearance of pores, fine lines, and dark spots without irritation or over-drying. Glycolic, lactic, and malic acids clear away dull surface skin cells, while hyaluronic acid and essential fatty acids soothe and nourish to reveal a brighter, more youthful-looking complexion. This is a great overnight treatment for all skin types (even those with rosacea) and gentle enough to use every night. No peeling, no irritation, and no redness. This is definitely one of my holy grail products!
- Josh Rosebrook Advanced Hydration Mask
- This mask is an innovative treatment designed to help replenish and retain maximum skin cell hydration. It helps lock in moisture, plump, condition, and improve skin circulation which protects and supports healthy dermal function and slows skin decline. Key ingredients are Indian Senna Seed, Blue Tansy Essential Oil, and Aloe Vera. I like to leave it on overnight for extra hydration and plumping.
- Beautycounter Cleansing Balm
- This balm does it all. It’s a nourishing daily cleanser, a melting makeup-removing balm, and a deeply replenishing overnight mask. It hydrates with nutrient-rich raspberry and cranberry seed oils and promotes a brighter complexion with radiance-boosting vitamin C. Simply apply an almond-size amount to your skin and go to sleep. This cleansing balm mask always leaves me glowing and hydrated.
I’m all about efficiency and products that work while I rest are EXACTLY what I’m looking for! What are your favorite nontoxic overnight skin treatments? Or which of these do you want to try first? Let me know!
*Some of these are affiliate links. I have personally tried and use all of the products mentioned in this post. I appreciate the support!